The Google+ app has finally been released for the iOS platform. however, weird enough, the app is particularly made to only work on iPhone(3G 3GS,4, running iOS 4.0 and up). Fortunately, a person named Caleb Zierke found a way around it.
- iPhone Configuration Utility
1. Download and install the iPhone configuration utility and connect your iPod or iPad to your PC or Mac.
2. Download the Google+ app from the app store or here.
3. Run the iPhone Configuration Utility, and you should see your device there, and next click on the Applications.
4. Click Add application there and browse for the Google+.ipa, simply click on "Install"
5. Google+ app should be in your iPod or iPad by now