One of the giants in the PC OS market, Microsoft is on the move again, with a speculated version of Windows 8. Windows OS has made a serious impact since it was first introduced in the OS market in the nineties. Since then, Microsoft has been improving its OS up till it comes to the next level: The all-new–Windows 8. However, there are widespread speculations regarding this highly anticipated OS, introduced at Electronics Show 2011, held at Las Vegas, and it is said that the next-gen OS is about to be unveiled.
Windows 8 Features:
- Face Recognition – Face recognition technology has been implemented for a while, but not many users seem to use such technology as it is sometimes not very accurate. The Face Recognition Feature Windows 8 has to offer might bring about something new. Access management and profile switching is said to be the main focus of the Windows 8 Face Recognition Technology to offer ease.
- 128-Bit Support – Many 64-Bit Operating Systems are prevailing around the OS market. Now Windows 8 offers even more.
- App Store – App Store indeed has become the main idea of all Operating Systems. With all those cool apps Apple has to offer its iDevices and Macs, an OS is never left behind when it comes with an app store.
- 3D – 3D has made a huge splash on the technology world. Many gadgets are also starting to boast about it's hardware capabilities to exhibit a 3D effect. Windows 8 now supports that.
- Brand-New UI – An rumour claiming that Windows 8 will offer another level of User Friendly Interfaces and with more customizable options to meet your needs.
- Multiple Desktops – iOS like desktops may sound interesting as Windows has been criticized for its dull desktop.
The expected release date for final version of Windows 8 is still uncertain, probably on the second half of 2012. But fortunately, a demo version/ preview version is likely to be released at the end of this year.