Tuesday, August 2, 2011
How To Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered Redsn0w (Windows)
Here's a step by step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 manually as an alternative to JailbreakMe 3.0, or PwnageTool.
This jailbreak is based on the exploit found by i0n1c on the previous versions of iOS.
1. Download redsn0w 0.9.6rc16
2. Download your iOS 4.3.3 for your iDevice and restore it using iTunes
- Hold Shift button while clicking Restore and select iOS 4.3.3 for your device.
3. Put the iOS 4.3.3 in a folder
4.Run redsn0w 0.9.6rc16
Follow the on screen instructions to jailbreak your device. I recommend only ticking "Install Cydia" to reduce the probability of errors.
To boot into DFU(Device Firmware Update) mode:
- Press Power Button for 3 seconds
- Hold Power button and Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds
- Release Power button but keep holding Home button until the jailbreaking process starts.
Redsn0w will then install the required files for your iDevice and voilà, congratulations, you have just jailbroken your iDevice.